Unlocking the SCS
Securing promotion into the Senior Civil Service
Opportunities continue to exist to enter the Senior Civil Service – despite the prevailing public sector environment. But the competition is fiercer and the opportunities more restricted. This unique event – now in its fourth year and with over 400 past attendees, continues to provide practical help to those wishing to see their career develop into the Senior Civil Service. The conference is specifically designed to give you the answer to two vital questions:
- How can I best prepare for entry to the SCS?
- What is life like once you make it to the SCS?
- Stephen Kelly, Chief Operating Officer, UK Government, Cabinet Office (confirmed)
- Rt Hon Caroline Spelman MP, former Secretary of State, DEFRA (confirmed)
- Richard Hillsdon, Development Consultant & SCS Coach (confirmed)
The benefits of attending this conference include the opportunity to:
- Hear from experts who have experience in resolving the questions running through the minds of anyone contemplating moving into the SCS
- Hear views on the future of an SCS subject to political pressures, constant demand for modernisation, reform and working smarter with ever decreasing resources